America Counts today launches a state-by-state look at the demographic changes the new 2020 Census results reveal.
Our state profiles bring you all key population characteristics of your state and your county on one page.
See how they compare to the nation overall and to neighboring counties and states. Through interactive state and county maps for the 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, each page provides a snapshot of change from 2010 to 2020 on five topics.
Here are some key national-level 2020 Census results to help you see how your state or county compares in each topic area:
- Population (up 7.4% to 331.4 million).
- Race and ethnicity (White alone 61.6%; Black alone 12.4%; Hispanic 18.7%; Asian alone 6%; American Indian and Alaska Native alone 1.1%; Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone 0.2%; Some Other Race alone 8.4%; Two or More Races 10.2%).
- Diversity Index (61.1%, up from 54.9%).
- Under-18 (down 1.4%) and adult population (up 10.1%).
- Housing units (up 6.7%) and vacancies (down to 9.7%).