Category: Driver's LicenseHow can I change my Korean driver license to Michigan license?
MI Asian Staff Staff asked 2 years ago
1 Answers
MI Asian Staff Staff answered 2 years ago

Michigan has entered into agreements with the governments of South Korea and Germany regarding the honoring of foreign driver’s licenses. Under the agreements, German and South Korean citizens over the age of 18, who are lawfully present in the United States and have established residency in Michigan, will be able to exchange their valid German or South Korean driver’s license for a Michigan driver’s license.
The applicant will have to pay the requisite fees and pass a vision test but will not be required to submit to a knowledge or road test. Similarly, Michigan drivers, age 18 or older, who are residing in Germany or the Republic of Korea and who possesses a valid Michigan driver’s license, will be allowed to exchange their Michigan license for a German or South Korean driver’s license without being required to pass a knowledge or road test.