Benefits.gov can help you find benefits you are eligible for, including resources for seniors. Learn more about benefits for senior citizens:
Benefits.gov has information on programs that may help you get healthcare or lower the cost of healthcare. On Benefits.gov, you can find the following programs, managed by the U.S. Social Security Administration, and check your eligibility:
- The Social Security Medicare Program is a federally funded program managed by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Medicare is for people age 65 or older. Check if you may be eligible for Social Security Medicare.
- The Social Security Medicare Savings Programs are federally funded programs managed by states. These programs are for people with limited income and resources and help pay for Medicare premiums, deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance. Check if you may be eligible for Social Security Medicare Savings Programs.
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, or Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Part D), offer prescription drug coverage to people with Medicare. Check if you may be eligible for a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan or call 1-800-633-4227 for more information.
Planning for retirement can be challenging and Benefits.gov can help:
- Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) is a retirement plan for federal employees that provides benefits from three sources: a Basic Benefit Plan, Social Security, and the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP). This program is managed by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management. Check if you may be eligible to receive benefits from the FERS.
- Social Security Retirement Insurance Benefits are federally funded and managed by the U.S. Social Security Administration. These benefits are for people who have earned Social Security credits and are at least age 62. Check if you may be eligible for Social Security Retirement Insurance benefits.
- Browse benefits related to Healthcare and Medical Assistance. Use the drop-down menu to filter by state or category to find the right program.
- Browse articles about Healthcare on our News page.
- Browse benefits related to Social Security and Retirement. Use the drop-down menu to filter by state or category to find the right program.
- Browse articles about Social Security on our News page.